Gordon W. GatesManaging Partner
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated.
- Peer selected as a Leading Lawyer in the areas of: Closely and Privately Held Business Law, Commercial Litigation, Land Use, Zoning & Condemnation Law, Real Estate Law, Commercial Bankruptcy, Workout Law and Commercial Law.
- Profiled by Leading Lawyer magazine. To read the article about Gordon, click here.
Information regarding the selection of Leading Lawyers may be found here.
AV Preeminent®, Distinguished®, and Notable® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Further information may be found here.
Gordon has extensive experience and has enjoyed considerable success in representing local, regional and national businesses, and their owners, in all manner of commercial transactions and disputes. His work also involves representing individuals and businesses in real estate transactions and litigation. Those matters include zoning and land use, boundary disputes, nuisances, construction contracts and defaults, and commercial leases.
Gordon has assisted clients in the creation and maintenance of corporations, limited liability companies (LLC) and partnerships. He has developed expertise in drafting and litigating non-competition agreements. Gordon also represents both debtors and creditors in bankruptcies involving business debt.
In addition to his commercial and real estate practice, Gordon represents clients in the probate of estates and guardianships, will contests, trust disputes and the drafting of wills and trusts.
- Kleczek v Jorgeson, 333 Ill.App.3d 141 (4th Dist. 2002)
- Universal Guar. Life. Ins Co v Coughlin, 481 F.3d 458 (7th Cir. 2007)
- In Re Fortin, 2006 WL 2375473 (Bktcy, C.D. Ill. 2006)
- Baron v Chehab, 2006 WL 1314149 (Bktcy, C.D. Ill. 2006)
- God, Family & Country, LLC v Mancrest Manufacturing, Inc., 2009 WL 484964 (C.D. Ill. 2009)
- Estate of Enoch v Waggoner, 2015 Ill. App.WL 140552-U (5th Dist. 2015)
- Midwest Cellular, Inc.
- The Gold Center
- Legacy Commercial Property
- Sangamo Construction
- The Wardrobe
- Hoosier Tire Midwest
- Terry Brown Excavating
- Ryan Development
- Joyner Construction
- Orlandini Farms
- Ace Sign Co.
- Melotte Morse Leonatti & Parker
- Arizona Tile
- CW3M Environmental
- Midwest Insulation
- Illinois National Bank
- Dimond Bros. Insurance
- Eck, Schafer, and Punke, CPA
Londrigan, Potter & Randle, Associate, 1986 - 1997.
J.D., Northern Illinois University College of Law, De Kalb, Illinois, 1986
Honors: Cum Laude
B..A., University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 1983
U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1986
U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1986
U.S. Supreme Court, 1993
U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1988
Sangamon County Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Mini O'Beirne Crisis Nursery
1999 - 2000